The Mine Safety Research Centre addresses unique issues related to Safety and Risk Management in the mining industry: ventilation, ground control, and safety.
What we can do…
- Expert advice and testimony regarding legal interpretation of regulatory issues in underground mining.
- Design and implementation of safety modules for engineering schools in Canada.
- Regulatory advice in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Technical expertise in Mining Ventilation.
- Virtual Reality Lab Simulation.
- Pre-Safety Audits.
- Design of health and safety training and investigative skills programs for supervisors, inspectors, and managers.
- Technical advice regarding Mine Rescue Emergency Procedures.
MIRARCO strives to have many international partnerships with mining schools and research facilities around the world.